Lee W. Brigham
Lee Brigham focuses his practice in the area of general civil litigation, with an emphasis on cases involving personal injury, environmental and toxic torts, employee benefits and consumer fraud.
Mr. Brigham has successfully prosecuted claims on behalf of individuals who are injured through the negligence or recklessness of others, including clients injured through: the negligent or reckless operation of motor vehicles, motor cycles and tractor-trailers, defective products and unsafe premises.
Mr. Brigham also has extensive experience representing individuals and local governments who suffer personal injuries or property damage caused by environmental contamination, having helped clients recover tens of millions of dollars in such cases.
Mr. Brigham currently devotes a significant portion of his practice to cases involving employee benefits. These cases typically involve individuals who have been harmed by violations of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (“ERISA”), or other related federal laws. He has successfully prosecuted numerous mass actions and class actions on behalf of individuals injured by such violations, and has helped recover millions of dollars for clients in such cases.
- Mogel v. UNUM Life Ins. Co. of America, 547 F.3d 23, 45 Employee Benefits Cas. 1289, C.A.1 (Mass.), November 06, 2008 (NO. 08-1334)
- Merrimon v. Unum Life Ins. Co. of Am., – F.Supp.2d – , 2012 WL 406968 (D.Me. Feb. 3, 2012)
- Otte v. Life Ins. Co. of N.A., 275 F.R.D. 50 (D.Mass. 2011)
- Edmonson v. Lincoln Nat’l Life Ins. Co., 777 F.Supp. 2d 869 (E.D.Pa. 2011)
- Liberty Lending Services v. Canada, 293 Ga.App. 731, 668 S.E.2d 3, 08 FCDR 2886, Ga.App., September 12, 2008 (NO. A08A1295)
- In re American General Life & Accident Ins. Co. Retiree Benefits “ERISA” Litig., 387 F.Supp.2d 1361 (J.P.M.L. 2005)
- Del Rosario v. King & Prince Seafood Corp., 2006 WL 2367130 (S.D.Ga. March 7, 2006)
- Jones v. American General Life & Accident Ins. Co., 370 F.3d 1065 (11th Cir. 2004)
- Kemp v. American Tel. & Tel. Co., 393 F.3d 1354 (11th Cir. 2004)
- Jones v. American General Life and Acc. Ins. Co., 213 F.R.D. 689, 29 Employee Benefits Cas. 2832, S.D.Ga., December 13, 2002 (No. CV101-003).
|THE BELL FIRM
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
|457 Greene Street (30901)
P.O. Box 1547, Augusta, GA
Toll Free: 800-763-2063