Titus T. Nichols
Titus Nichols is a trial lawyer who has tried murders, argued before the Georgia Supreme Court, and successfully obtained verdicts against multi-million dollar corporations at trial. Titus fights on behalf of regular people who have been injured through the negligence of others. He also regularly defends clients charged with federal criminal offenses throughout Georgia and South Carolina federal courts. Titus’ most notable trial victories have come from representing people in cases involving traumatic brain injury (TBI), civil rights violations, and serious motor vehicle wrecks.
Titus previously served as an Assistant District Attorney in Augusta where he prosecuted violent crimes and served as an appellate attorney. As a trial lawyer, Titus prosecuted 1,000 criminal matters, tried 30 jury trials, and never lost a murder trial. In one year alone, Titus first-chaired 12 felony jury trials. Additionally, Titus served as an appellate attorney where he submitted and successfully argued over 25 appellate briefs to the Georgia Court of Appeals and Georgia Supreme Court.
Prior to serving as a prosecutor, Titus was the law clerk for the Honorable Robert N. Jenkins & the Honorable Alex Kinlaw, Jr. of the 13th Judicial Circuit Family Court in Greenville, South Carolina. In addition to his work in the courtroom, Titus has served as a legal instructor for both Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina and Augusta University.
Beyond his civilian responsibilities, Titus also serves as an officer in the United States Army as a Judge Advocate General (JAG) for the Georgia Army National Guard. As a JAG officer, Mr. Nichols has advised military commanders on operational, administrative, and fiscal law matters. He serves in the role of Defense Counsel where he is responsible for defending Soldiers facing charges at courts-martial, non-judicial punishment, administrative separation, AR 15-6 investigations and pretrial confinement.
- B.A., cum laude, Morehouse College
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law
- United States Army Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course, Charlottesville, Virginia
- United States Army Direct Commission Course, Fort Benning, Georgia
- South Carolina
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Alpha Phi Alpha, Fraternity Inc.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s LEAD Program
- Kiwanis Club of Augusta – Board of Directors
- Lucy Craft Laney Black History Museum – Board of Directors
- Leadership Augusta – 2017 Graduate
- Magnum Opus Honor Society – Member
- New Leaders Council Augusta – 2014 Fellow
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy – 2013 Graduate
- University Hospital Community Foundation – Board of Directors
- Young Lawyers of Augusta – President (2017-2018)
|BELL & BRIGHAM
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
|457 Greene Street (30901)
P.O. Box 1547, Augusta, GA
Toll Free: 800-763-2063